Health, Wealth and Dignity: If we were to ask you about your aging goals, you'd probably say that you'd like to live a healthy life and have sufficient finances to do the things you want to do. Those are common answers. But sometimes aging can be difficult and when that happens, ApparentPlan is here to help.
Partnering with faith communities and other community organizations, ApparentPlan provides a variety of health promotion programs and advocacy services that specifically support older adults and their families. ApparentPlan's primary objective is to improve the quality of life and health outcomes for older adults. We accomplish this in two ways:
- Providing health promotion programs targeted to older adults and the chronic conditions they commonly face (arthritis, diabetes and poor nutrition).
- Providing hands-on support to individuals who are struggling to access benefits.
ApparentPlan opened its doors in February 2012 and has assisted our clients by:
- Identifying and receiving over $620,000 in State and Federal benefits for our clients.
- Provided successful Medicare advocacy to clients being denied benefit coverage.
- Our 260+ tai chi students report the following benefits from classes: 75% report reduced stress. 69% report increased range of motion in joints. 59% report improved balance. 28% report improved movement in ankles and fingers.